Tuesday 4 June 2013

A Special Visitor!

Despite coming down with a horrible cold, I have had the most amazing few days. Last Wednesday my new German beau Max came to visit me, and he left on Sunday. It was the first time we had seen each other in a couple of months so it was very exciting. I met Max in January in Sydney and we were able to spend some time together in Australia before we both headed our separate ways - me back to London, and Max to Germany. It was also exciting as it was Max's first trip to England - so we did a little London sightseeing whilst he was here.

Max is a massive Haribo fan - and being a German company they have a ton of varieties over there that you can't buy here. So he bought me over a load (and I'm currently fighting the temptation to open another packet, having already eaten one whole pack all by myself over the past 24 hours!)...

...I then introduced Max to my love of Percy Pigs from M&S! He also got me a box of chocolates - he clearly knows the way to my heart!


On Thursday we went up to London for some sightseeing. We got off the train at Waterloo, headed towards the Southbank and walked along the river so Max could see some of our famous landmarks - Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster, St Pauls, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. We also stopped off at Borough Market and picked up a pork belly and crackling sandwich with Bramley apple sauce from Roast - AMAZING! We then headed to Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square and walked down the Mall to Buckingham Palace.

Hoping to spot the Queen at Buckingham Palace...


It was a fun but exhausting day!

The weather was beautiful on Friday so we stayed in my hometown of Richmond, walking along the Thames riverside.


We then had a picnic on the Green followed by drinks in the sun from the Roebuck pub at the top of Richmond Hill. In the evening we met some of my friends at Bills Restaurant in Islington, before heading to Kings Cross for a night of 'Rockaoke' at the Star of Kings pub - karaoke along to a live band, great fun. Check it out here.

Saturday was our last full day together and we spent some time in Richmond Park. We were able to spot some deer before heading to the Isabella Plantation - beautiful at this time of year.

It was so sad when Max had to leave on Sunday, but we have already planned our next get together - I will be heading to Germany in July for the first time :o)

Looking forward to trying out some genuine German schnitzel and bratwurst, and I will undoubtedly write all about it after my trip!

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment