Friday 3 May 2013

Paprika Pork with Mushrooms




The following is a slightly adapted recipe from my absolute favourite cookbook - BBC GoodFood 500 Triple-Tested Recipes. I have made many successful meals from this cookbook ever since I was given a copy for Christmas a couple of years ago, and would recommend it to anyone. In fact, since receiving my copy I have recommended it to many of my friends and family - some of whom now use it as much as I do.  I couldn't find any copies for sale online - but I've seen them for sale in various WHSmith shops around London for a bargain price of £5.99 and (in my opinion) it's so worth it!

This dish is described as ‘a simple pan-fry enriched with caramelised onions and
crème fraîche’, and it really is an easy meal to make. And so tasty! I cooked this dish last night, adapting the original recipe by using 100g less pork & instead adding some button mushrooms which needed using up. If you choose not to use mushrooms, then 600g of pork can be used.
The recipe produces 4 servings, but I served up 2 and popped the rest in the freezer to have another time. Enjoy! 

Recipe: Paprika Pork 

Ingredients: 

2 tbsp olive oil 
3 onions - sliced
500g pork fillet - cut into bite-sized chunks
120g button mushrooms - halved (my optional extra - very tasty!)
2 tbsp paprika 
300ml chicken or vegetable stock (I used chicken) 
100ml crème fraîche 
Freshly chopped parsley (to garnish)

Method:
  • Fry the onions in the oil over a medium heat until they soften and become lightly coloured.
  • Add the pieces of pork and stir over a high heat until they are sealed & brown all over.
  • Stir in the paprika and the stock and bring to the boil.
  • Cover and simmer for 20 minutes before adding the mushrooms.
  • Continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes, until the pork is tender.
  • Stir in the crème fraîche and simmer for 2 more minutes.
  • Sprinkle over a little parsley and then serve.

I served my pork with rice & peas and it was delicious - and altogether it only took just over 45 minutes to do. Even better, the majority of this time the pork can be left to simmer whilst you get on with other things!

Lisa x 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment